Monday 11 September 2023

Day 18: Trogir to Split

Last day of riding today down the coast and into Split. 
As I leave Trogir there's a queue outside the church at the end of the alleyway where I'm staying. There's a very strong Catholic tradition with new churches built where there is development. I like their simplicity.
I had hoped to make it to Dubrovnik but the storms and wind meant I had to take the island hopping route rather than the mountains. Trying to sync the ferries wasn't easy and meant a lot of down time. A lot more climbing than the last two tours in France and Vietnam as well. I think about 10 times more over 850 km in total. All this means I've been much slower than I anticipated.

Some very good luck in Split. In the second bike shop I go to the guy working there says he will unpack a new bike to give me the box. Brilliant! I can now take my bike apart, pack it up and hope the taxi is big enough to get us both to the airport.

Croatia: beautiful coast, enigmatic people, sloppy burgers.

Blog over.

No comments:

Post a Comment