Thursday 26 October 2023

Day 12: Cres to Rab

Up early for a short ride with a stiff climb to catch the Merag to Valbiska ferry. At the ticket office I stand my bike up on the kerb and see that my saddle is covered in white cream. Oh dear. That means my shorts are too and I'm walking around sporting nappy cream leakage to add to the baggy shirt\Poundland sunhat look. 



Chafing, like broccoli, is the devil's business. On long rides if you don't avoid it, then you will be in a whole world of pain when you shed skin. Since you've asked, Sudocrem is my cream of choice. Other creams are available and I receive no financial compensation for recommending Sudocrem. Always seek advice from a Consultant Dermatologist to see if Sudocrem is the right preparation to meet the needs of your bum. Seek advice from a Consultant Opthalmologist if you manage to get Sudocrem in your eye by stupidly sticking your finger in your eye when you have Sudocrem, my cream of choice, on your finger. Similar advice applies to your ear, the charger socket on your phone and your best shagpile carpet. If, like me, you manage to eat Sudocrem because it's on your cheese and pickle sandwich, stop using Sudocrem immediately. You really shouldn't be allowed on the other side of the stairgate and should only use rounded plastic scissors but not permitted to walk whilst holding them. You should also consider a career in politics. Sudocrem is in your local Pharmacist, on your local Pharmacist and on everything within a five meter radius of me.

I am in Rab having ferry hopped via Krk. I popped into the tourist office to see where I catch tomorrow's ferry to the next island of Pag. Ah well... here's the thing... it's a bit windy you see, so the man and his nine metre boat (aka the ferry) might not be up for it because it is Tuesday and September. However, if his mum needs to come over to the butchers (open on Tuesday and Thursday in September) then there's a chance the ferry might possibly run..... or not. Ok. So that's all clear. The final bit of advice is to come to the harbour at 8:00 AM and see if he is here. If he is then the ferry might leave at noon but could be earlier if his mum is disappointed by the bratwurst. Ok. Got it. I'll let you know what happens......

Sudocrem. My cream of choice. Made for babies. Worn by men.



No comments:

Post a Comment