Saturday 9 September 2023

Day 17: Sibenik to Trogir

About an hour or so into today’s ride I stop for coffee at a beach bar in Grebastica. Nice view of the bay and the hill beyond with a steep road zigzagging it’s way up to the top. It looks like there has been a forest fire so the trees won’t offer much shade. I’m very glad I’m not doing that climb. (Checks route on phone). Oh crap.


Ok. Let’s get to it. Perhaps it will be a gradual climb. Then I see the sign. Oh crap. Does anyone know the Croat for “Zap me again with that defibrillator! I think I felt something!” No? Thought not.


About an hour later I can see the end of the climb but it’s a false summit followed by three more of the same. It’s worth it though. There’s a cool breeze and a lovely view of Grebastica.



I’m in Trogir tonight before the ride to Split tomorrow. I was hoping to find a bar that is showing the England vs. Argentina Rugby World Cup match but when it comes to the Rugby World Cup then in Croatia you can cut the atmosphere with a week old bratwurst. Shame.

Sadly, it will be the last day of riding tomorrow. The storms early on and then the high winds mean I have run out of days and won’t make it to Dubrovnik. Bit gutted. Split will be the final destination. Time to go home.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment